5 Reasons You Need A Vango Icarus 500 Tent
I’m being quite selective and limiting my audience here but if you don’t want to buy a new tent or have just bought one then this is not the article for you. If however you are looking for a new tent then keep reading because this is going to get exciting! And hopefully useful.
Why buy the Vango Icarus 500 Tent?
This could go on for a while so ill limit the reasons – I’ll give you 5 reasons why you need to buy this tent over any other. And in the interests of fairness and clarity I am talking purely about the 2013 model of this tent.
Reasons Why You Need This Tent:
1. 12 minute erection – this tent is so easy to set up. Comparable brands are quoting up to an hour for similar size tents. The only thing faster on the market would be an AirBeam – and that’s only quicker because it’s inflatable. The colour coded fixings and pre-attached guy lines make this a simple tent to put up.
2. Large Crystal Clear PVC windows for maximum light and great visibility. – this doesn’t sound like much but when you’re rummaging around for a torch just before dusk you’ll be pleased with the additional window panels that have been added to the sides. And when you want some quiet time you can use the newly added privacy curtains.
3. Increased Space – this tent is one of the most spacious 5 men tents on the market. The 2012 model was made wider and the 2013 keeps the same proportions. Take away the room divider and you get an open living space is 335cm x 245cm. Plenty of room for people and the rest of your camping equipment
4. Lightweight – This tent is being bought by many people as a second tent. Why? Because a 3 day trip needs a different tent to a 2 week trip. For those quick weekends away where a smaller, lightweight tent is needed the Icarus 500 is the quite clearly the best value for money. It packs away in to a small bag that’s easily carried and put up – what more could you want from a 5 man tent that’s under £200
5. For the last reason I am going to group together a few things under the heading “finishing touches”. It’s the small things that make this tent great. The reflective webbing by pegging points for easily locating in the dark, the rain gutter zip covers that divert rain away and the convenient lantern handing point. These are just a few things that make this tent great.
This isn’t a brand new style of tent. The Icarus 500 has been ever present for a number of years and people keep coming back for more. The 2013 model certainly has a lot of improvements to from the previous year and no doubt the designers at Vango are well on their way to creating the further improved 2014 model.
Keep up the good work guys because this tent is brilliant and its easy to see why its so popular with such a range wide range of people.